Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This is what I wake up to.....

Police are looking for witnesses and evidence after the body of a man was found in a street in a residential neighborhood in northwest Las Vegas.

No word yet on the identity of the dead man found just before 6 a.m. Tuesday on Cliff Shadows Parkway near Alexander Road.

Las Vegas police Lt. Lewis Roberts says he may have been shot.

Roberts says investigators don't know yet whether the man was killed at the scene or dumped from a car.

The neighborhood is several blocks west of the 215 Beltway, about 15 miles northwest of downtown Las Vegas.

Just what I wanted for my birthday!!! A dead man in my neighborhood, that just makes me feel real safe.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh, Happy Birthday! Yikes. I tried calling you yesterday morning to see if you guys were okay. I turned on the news at 7:00 am and yikes! I was worried for my friends.

Cassondra said...

Craziness!! I hope you had a great birthday! Happy 30th!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh my! I hope that things have calmed down a little. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one, oh and by the way; it is NOT great to be 30. (And it is even worse to be 32).

Jax said...

So insane. I thought it was bad when that guy was shot in the leg at a drunken birthday party in our neighborhood... no no, you topped that one with a homicide victim dumped in the gutter across the street on your birthday!!! No thanks! Gross and freaky. Where do we live anyway??? Glad you're okay.

mickeydee said...

Ummmmmmmmm............how close was this to your house? Yikes.